Japanese Winter

Sunday, December 16, 2012

So. Um. It appears that I'll be in Japan for three months, researching robots as teachers. Because that's how I roll. I don't speak any Japanese, although such things have never stopped me before...This'll be an adventure.

Nara, ready or not, here I come!

The anxiety about this is intense. It's not like I haven't lived abroad before (ahem, Turkey, Scotland) it's just that all the travel/new housing/finding the bus/how to feed myself stress on top of the usual drive to do the most amazingest research ever is a bit overwhelming. That whole one-step-at-a-time thing really only works if you can keep yourself from thinking about more than one thing at a time.

It's going to be awesome and scary at the same time. What can possibly go wrong?

4 comments:

missris said...

It's going to be AWESOME! Take lots and lots of pictures for us back home :)

Nicole said...

OMG. That's awesome. What an amazing opportunity! And in a location as awesome as Japan. That's absolutely fantastic! I'm so jealous. I hope you'll share your adventures in Japan on this blog so we can follow along on your research journey.

rooth said...

This is so awesome - I'm looking forward to following your blog during that time!

Corin said...

You had me at "robots as teachers". I can't wait to read about your adventures!