日本: O-cha

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cup of Matcha Tea

Mainichi o-cha o nomimasu.

I think my Japanese teacher blew a brain gasket when she learned that I drink Japanese green tea sans milk & sugar. I average about 6 cups a day (better measured as 2 servings of leaves). Back home, I also take my earl grey tea neat. I'm a tea addict in general.

And then there's matcha...if it's green and tastes like vegetables, I'll love it, and this tea is just that. It's somewhat cheaper over here. Everything here is so damn expensive, but I'll probably be bringing back lots of matcha anyways, to make lemon & matcha pound cake and matcha cookies (you can tell that I already miss having an oven).

O-cha Collection

8 comments:

Manda said...

I love baking with matcha! Matcha frosting goes wonderfully with chocolate cake.

S.I.F. said...

I had Matcha cookies just the other day for the first time and really liked them!

Nora said...

Can't imagine Green Tea WITH milk and sugar....eurgh!

Any tea with milk or sugar or both sounds revolting, all mine are the naked truth! Faves.....Green, Roibos, Earl Grey and Lapsansoochong (not sure how to spell that one!)

:D x

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Wait...you're supposed to drink green tea with milk and sugar?

h said...

I think she just expected that all foreigners drank their tea British-style.

Have you ever had a matcha latte? That stuff is good...and milky. But it's a different beast entirely.

rooth said...

I'm craving some matcha now. I'll go check it out at the local Asian supermarket and let you know how much it is

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge tea drinker, but if I'm going to drink tea I would never dream of putting anything in it. yuck...

Lauryn said...

I need to stock up on green tea. I just noticed I'm all out! Do you use loose leaf, or always from a bag? I'm curious what kind you'd recommend, as an addict and all :) haha