Madison Wisconsin

Friday, June 21, 2013

University of Wisconsin Madison
I just returned from spending a wonderful 5 days at a conference at the University of Wisconsin Madison. I think the work that was relevant to me 4 years ago is finally starting to appear in conferences such as the one I just returned from, which is awesome. Maybe these five years of acquiring knowledge was good for something? There's so much relevant work to discuss with research-minded people. Like why tiny robots should (or should not?) wear tiny baseball hats ;)

Madison was unexpectedly super pleasant, although Pittsburgh often has a similar affect on people, so maybe it wasn't too surprising. Great weather, a beautiful location on a lake, and nice quality food can't really go too bad.

And just like that I'm done with my conferences/trips for 2013! It's been great to see so many awesome places. Now I'm going back to sleeping.

University of Wisconsin Terrace
Conference Time at the Memorial Union!
Doors
Stinko Ginko
University of Wisconsin Madison
Hall o' Science

10 comments:

Corin said...

I have to say I love your photos ... they're so beautiful!

h said...

Thanks! I've improved a considerable amount!

My Garden Diaries said...

How absolutely terrific that your work is being used in your most recent conference! That is outstanding! Madison is a great place and your photos are beautiful!!!

Zoƫ said...

Thank for the comment you left on my blog. The university buildings look o cool, they remind me of an old English boarding school!

Akirah said...

Those pics are fab. I've never been to Madison before. Anyway, glad you had fun there. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!

Also, I have such a hard time stopping to read your beautiful words as your photos of long and far off places are oh so distracting....so I must return and share a more thoughtful comment as soon as I catch up on all of your adventuring...

heehhe-ing over here about your tae on the recapcha BS.

Deidre said...

Love your photos they're awesome! I've never really spent any time in Wisconsin which is too bad because my dad went to the University of Wisconsin.

S.I.F. said...

Dude, tiny robots in tiny hats is super important to talk about... And so exciting to feel so engaged at a conference! I am always bored out of my mind at work conferences!

rooth said...

Madison looks beautiful in the summer time but I'm sure you're happy to be home for a bit and not have to live out of a suitcase

Why Girls Are Weird said...

So glad you had such a good time in Madison, it's a beautiful town!